Here is your opportunity to acknowledge and support the Veterans Tribute in Waverly, Iowa. An area in front of the Tribute contains engraved bricks honoring all veterans. A precision engraving process is used and the letters are filled with a permanent epoxy. Your donation today will help build this remembrance to our Veterans. Join Waverly's veterans and others to help honor and recognize the sacrifices of those who served or are serving in the Armed Forces of our Country.
Please print out, fill out, and mail the form with your check to:
Waverly Area Veterans Tribute
P.O. Box 93
Waverly, Iowa 50677
Cost of the bricks are:
4" x 8" is $50.00
8" x 8" is $100.00
12" x 12" is $150.00
Instructions for Tribute Engraved Brick Order
- Follow all instructions on the Application form.
- Please place only one letter or number in a box, and if a space is needed, then there must be an empty box for that space.
- Please print legibly and ensure that the information is correct and complete.
- No sponsor's name or advertisement may be engraved on a brick. A single veteran's information only (such as name, rank, period of service, theater of service, major medals awarded, etc.) may be engraved on each brick. It is best to omit service numbers to prevent piracy.
- If ordering more than one brick, make separate copies of the Application for each brick and staple them together.
- Complete payment must accompany each set of Applications to make a valid order. Send it to the address on the Application form.
- Deadline annually for brick orders is March 15. Our goal is to be able to have them in place by Memorial Day (dependent upon weather, shipping, etc.).
- Application forms may be secured from the box at the Tribute corner, from some members of the four local veterans service organizations (American Legion, AMVETS, Marine Corps League or VFW), or using the link on this website to a printable copy.
- If you have any questions or comments, contact
Ted Lanske at 319-240-0734
or Carl Benning at 319-352-3012
The Tribute is a cooperative project of the City of Waverly which owns the ground maintained by the Parks Department, and a nonprofit board created and maintained jointly by Waverly American Legion Post 176, Waverly AMVETS Post 79 and VFW Joe W. Cretzmeyer Post 2208 to maintain the Tribute constructed on the location.
We are very grateful to the city of Waverly for providing and maintaining the site for the Tribute. Without that generosity it probably would not exist. It has become the focal point for annual Veterans' Day services and number of other civic activities.
The Tribute itself is maintained by the nonprofit board created for that purpose. That includes replacing flags, cleaning surfaces, ordering and adding bricks, etc. done mostly by volunteers and paid for from reserve funds for that purpose. Tax deductible contributions can be sent to the same address used for brick orders.